Green Bean Chicken
- 1 lb fresh green beans
- 2 cups uncooked white rice
- 1 to 1 1/2 lbs chicken
- salt and pepper
- 2 TBSP canola or vegetable oil
- 3 TBSP black bean garlic sauce
- 3 TBSP brown sugar
- 8 oz sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup cashew halves (optional)
1. Trim ends off of green beans and break in half. Boil in 2-3 inches of water until tender, about 10 minutes.
2. Cook rice according to package instructions.
3. Meanwhile, slice raw chicken into small, thin slices. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Heat oil over medium-low heat in a large saute pan. Pour chicken into skillet and cook until almost done.
5. Stir in black bean sauce and brown sugar. Cook until chicken is cooked through and sauce is heated.
6. Stir in cooked green beans, water chestnuts, and cashews.
7. Serve over rice.
Black Bean Garlic Sauce can be found in most grocery stores on the Asian food isle. It can also be found online on Amazon.