Banana Bars with Brown Sugar Frosting
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas, about 3 large bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- milk, if needed
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream together butter, sugar, eggs, mashed bananas, and vanilla until light and creamy.
3. Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until just combined.
4. Pour into a jelly roll pan. You do not need to grease the pan.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes. (Mine is perfect at 25 minutes in my oven).
6. Cool completely.
7. Meanwhile, combine all frosting ingredients and whip together until light and fluffy.
8. If frosting is too dry, add milk 1 Tablespoon at a time, until you get the right consistency. If frosting is too runny, add 1/4 cup of powdered sugar at a time until you get the right consistency.
9. Spread frosting over cooled bars.
These are not super thick bars and the frosting isn't super thick. It's just the right ratio of bar to frosting.