No Bake Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- dash of salt
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups old fashioned oats (lightly measured, do not pack)
1. Melt butter over medium-low in a medium saucepan.
2. Stir in sugar, milk, and salt. Whisk until combined.
3. Bring to a full boil over high heat. Boil for 1 minute.
4. Remove from heat and immediately add peanut butter and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
5. Immediately pour over oats and stir until completely combined.
6. If oat mixture is a little runny, let sit for a minute to firm up a bit.
7. Immediately scoop out cookies. If you let the mixture sit, it will start to get dry and your cookies will be dry. Refrigerate to allow cookies to completely set up.
8. I like to store these in the fridge and eat them cold or let them sit for a few minutes out of the fridge before eating. You can also store and eat these at room temp.