This is the chili I grew up on and it’s a family favorite to this day! My mom got this recipe from a friend years ago and it’s been our go-to ever since. It’s slightly sweet and full of flavor. Besides being delicious, one of the things that I love most about this recipe is that it is so quick and easy to throw together. Pour all of the ingredients into a crockpot and you are good to go!
Serve this chili as is or with a side of cornbread. And for even more scrumptiousness, you can serve it with another one of my family’s favs, Cornbread Casserole! Click her for the recipe.
Crockpot Sweet Chili
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 15 oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can chili beans, UNDRAINED (make sure to get chili beans, and not a can of canned chili)
- 15 oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 package McCormick Mild Chili Mix
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
1. Brown and crumble ground beef. Drain.
2. Add all ingredients to crockpot and stir until combined.
3. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
1. Make sure to get a can of Chili Beans and not a can of canned chili. Chili Beans are found right next to the pinto, black, and kidney beans. Chili beans are pinto beans in a seasoned tomato sauce.