This soup is on my list of quick and easy dinner recipes and is one of my go-to’s during the fall and winter. If you can’t find the exact can sizes as listed below in the ingredients, that’s okay! Just get whatever you can find that’s the closest. Serve it with your favorite toppings like shredded cheese, frito chips, sour cream, and avocado.
- 1 lb super lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 14.5 oz can chili beans (NOT canned chile and do not drain or rinse)
- 14.5 oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 4 oz can mild diced green chiles
- 15 oz can beef broth
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 oz packet (or ¼ cup) taco seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 11 oz can sweet corn, drained
- 14.5 oz can kidney beans, drained
- 14.5 oz can black beans, drained
Add ground beef and diced onion to a large pot. Cook over medium-high heat while stirring frequently until the meat is crumbled and cooked through.
Add the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute while stirring frequently.
Add the chili beans, diced tomatoes, green chiles, and beef broth. Stir together. (Reminder- do NOT drain the chili beans or tomatoes)
Add the tomato paste, taco seasoning, and salt. Stir together.
Drain and rinse the corn, kidney beans, and black beans. Add them to the pot.
Stir the soup and cook until completely heated through.
Serve warm with your favorite toppings.