Rosemary Roasted Vegetables
- 1.5 lbs brussels sprouts
- 1 lb fresh green beans
- 8 strips bacon
- 1 bunch green onions
- 4-6 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- half of a fresh lemon
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Fill a large pot up with 2 inches of water. Bring to a boil. Lightly salt the water.
3. Wash brussels sprouts and green beans. Trim ends of green beans and slice large brussels sprouts in half so they are more bite sized.
4. Boil brussels sprouts for 3 minutes. Add green beans and boil for an additional 5 minutes. Drain and pour veggies into a 9x13 baking dish.
5. Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with foil. Place bacon on baking sheet and bake until bacon is partially cooked, about half way. Slice partially baked bacon into 1-inch pieces.
6. Thinly slice green onions. Add bacon and green onions to the Brussels sprouts and green beans.
7. Remove rosemary leaves from the stems and add to veggies.
8. Drizzle olive oil, pepper and salt over veggies. Toss well so that everything is coated.
9. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
10. Squeeze desired amount of lemon juice over baked veggies. Toss together and serve warm.