I had never made Jalapeño Jelly before until a few years ago when my sister-in-law gave me this recipe. It was so delicious and so easy to make, that I made for neighbor gifts that year. I love making it each Christmas/New Years for all of our family get-togethers!
Jalapeno Pepper Jelly
- 2 medium green peppers
- 3 medium red peppers
- 10 large jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 5 cups sugar
- 1 package Sure Jell pectin
1. Remove stems and seeds from all peppers and discard.
2. Cut peppers into 1 inch pieces. Place all peppers in a food processor and process until minced.
3. Pour minced peppers into a large pot. Whisk in apple cider vinegar.
4. Bring to a full roaring boil over high heat, stirring occasionally.
5. Stir in sugar and pectin.
6. Bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute while whisking.
7. Remove from heat. Chill to set up.
8. Pour into jars and process jars if desired.