Chocolate Oreo Stuffed Cupcakes
- 1 box chocolate fudge cake mix
- 3.9oz box chocolate fudge instant pudding
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups chocolate chips (I like 1 cup semi-sweet + 1 cup milk)
- about 24 Oreos (plus more for garnish)
- OREO FROSTING
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- dash of salt
- 14 Oreos (finely crushed)
- 3 Tablespoons milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 muffin tins with cupcake liners.
2. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, vegetable oil, water, eggs, and sour cream. Beat until combined.
3. Stir in chocolate chips.
4. Add a heaping tablespoon of batter into the bottom of each liner.
5. Top with an Oreo and lightly press the Oreo into the batter.
6. Top each cupcake with more cupcake batter so that the liners are about 3/4 of the way full. (About 2 1/2 to 3 TBSP).
7. Bake 16-20 minutes. (Make sure you don't over bake these or they might be dry).
8. Meanwhile, make the frosting by combining all ingredients in a large bowl. Beat until smooth. If frosting is too dry, add a little more milk. If frosting is too soft, add a little more powdered sugar.
9. Frost cupcakes when they are completely cooled. Top with crushed Oreos for garnish if desired.
We like to eat these cooled and frosted, but we also like to eat them warm right out of the oven without frosting.