Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 package large marshmallows
- CHOCOLATE FROSTING
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream butter and sugar together.
3. Add egg, vanilla, and milk and mix until combined.
4. Add flour, salt, baking soda, and cocoa powder. Mix until combined.
5. Using a mini cookie scoop (about 2 teaspoons), scoop out cookies onto a cookie sheet.
6. Bake 5-7 minutes. (I recommend 5 minutes for a single cookie sheet. I recommend 7 minutes for double stacked cookie sheets. See note below.)
7. Meanwhile, cut marshmallows into thirds. Keep the tops and bottoms, discard the middle pieces.
8. Remove cookies from oven.
9. Press a marshmallow slice, sticky side down, into each cookie.
10. Bake 2 minutes more. Remove from oven and softly press marshmallows down with the back of a spoon.
11. Cool cookies completely.
12. In a medium bowl, beat all frosting ingredients together until smooth. Add more milk by the teaspoon if frosting is too thick.
13. Spoon frosting into a ziplock bag. Cut a small hole in the corner of the bag. Drizzle frosting over cooled cookies.
I like to double stack my cookie sheets when I bake cookies to insulate the bottoms of the cookies so they don't bake too fast. This helps make cookies stay super soft.